Back to The Front
A cube-based puzzle.
Score at or below the "par" for that level, without a cube crushing
your creature. You must use the power of Shrincube! to remove
the cubes from your path.
- The pink square is your creature. The game indicates which
square it's on in the level by highlighting that square in blue.
- The creature may move about the level with the w/a/s/d
keys. The creature cannot move past any part of a cube which
is touching the base squares. This means that you can squeeze
the creature between cubes which are rotating.
- If a cube rotates onto a square where your creature is, your
creature will die, and the level restarts.
- You can place one Shrincube! at a time on the base
squares (marked by highlighting the square in yellow), and activate
them at any time.
- "Multiplier" cubes are colored red. Multiplier cubes, once
Shrincube!ed, leave behind a green residue of
Super Shrincube! (along with a convienient arrow pointing to
it). This can be activated with the "Multiplier
Activate!" action. Activated Super Shrincube! will use
Shrincube! on all the 9 cubes around the Super
- (May not be here in the future: If a Shrincube! is layed
down, another square can be marked, which will cancel the previous
- Any cube with Shrincube! under it (active or not) will
not be affected by Super Shrincube!
- Shrincube! only takes effect AFTER a rotation completes.
- Shrincube! is guaranteed not to affect your creature.
The game keeps track of your progress through the levels by showing the
total score and par in the upper-right hand side of the screen. Your
score for the current level is shown in the upper-left hand side of
the screen. The current level is just below that, in green. Scoring is
marked by the total stroke count over the level par.
Once you activate Shrincube!, the game will count 1 stroke per
Letting the cubes rotate: 0 strokes before Shrincube!
is activated, and 1 stroke for each rotate after that.
Placing Shrincube!: 0 strokes (it's free)
Activating Shrincube!: 0 strokes, and starts the
rotation penalty; the rotation penalty includes this rotation
Using Shrincube! on black cubes: 3 strokes per
Letting a non-black cube fall off the level: 2 strokes
Letting a black cube fall off the level: 0 strokes
Restarting the level: 0 strokes
- w/a/s/d or i/j/k/l - Move the creature (the pink
square) about the level grid.
- [space bar]
- When on the introduction, this starts the game.
- If a Shrincube! is on the board, this will
trigger it to activate; it will activate when
the cube isn't rotating.
- If no Shrincube! is on the board, then this
will place a Shrincube! on the square the creature
is on. This means that there may only
be one manually placed Shrincube! on the
level at a time. Note that multiple Super Shrincube! can
be on the board at once
- [enter] or v- Activate all Super Shrincube!
It only becomes active when the cubes aren't rotating.
- r - restart the current level (this will reset the score
for the current level, and not affect your total game score).
- n - skip the current level.
Click in the window below and press "space" to start
Current size: 4382 bytes (jar) | 3913 bytes (pack200)
The source is located at my
Source Forge project, GroboUtils,
but it's only a template, and needs to be combined with a data file
to create the final source file.